Facial blotting papers enable you to eliminate excess oil from your face without messing with your makeup.
The ugly shine of oily skin can be quite disturbing. If you have oil-prone skin, you can relate to this distressing mood. Let's say you've just cleaned your face clean and applied your makeup, and you're ready to go off to work or college. Barely an hour later, your face is oozing oil, particularly in the "T-zone area".
People who wear makeup typically want their looks to maintain a matte finish for at least twelve hours after product application. People who wear little or no makeup usually want their faces to look dry and clean all day, too. For those of us with readily oily skin, though, this is simpler said than done.
1. Pull a thin sheet from the packet.
2. Press it persistently but lightly against the shiny sections of your face, starting with your "T-zone"
3. Leave the blotting sheet upon your skin for a few moments while the sheet absorbs the oil.
4. to avoid eliminating makeup, be sure not to rub or move the paper across your skin. Simply drag it away from the face in one direction after applying it.
5. Use a different sheet on different sections of your face if necessary.
6. Iterate this method every couple of hours or as often as necessary based on the severity of your oil production.
How do you know it's working? You will see the oil being absorbed as the paper begins to become translucent. You'll also see the instant difference on your face as the shine disappears, leaving a matte finish and your makeup still intact. Remember to avoid reusing the same paper. This can disperse the oil you already absorbed throughout your face and may cause breakouts. Start with a new sheet every time.
With a sheet of oil-blotting paper, you can instantly and easily blot oil from your face before it even starts to shine. Facial oil-blotting papers are gentle on the skin, highly effective at absorbing oil and will never eliminate your makeup. As long as you always have a pack at hand, you'll be able to maintain a clean, fresh look for as long as you wish. Packs of oil blotting papers may include up to 300 individual sheets. The packs I use usually last me at least two months.
There are a lot of people who appear to think that tissue or wet wipes work just as well for eliminating all the oil off of the face – though, this simply isn't true. Blotting paper is great for oily skin because it is specially designed to be absorbent, and will get rid of any excess oil a lot better than regular tissue. In addition to this, you'll find that using a tissue or a wet wipe will mean that you ought to redo your makeup, whereas using a sheet of this extremely thin material will leave all product completely intact on your face.