Looking for a quick way to brighten your skin and minimise puffiness?
You may have seen jade rollers advertised as a miracle treatment for anything from puffy skin to lymphatic drainage on social media and YouTube. There are a number of reasons why you would want to use a jade roller.
Continue reading to learn what they are and how to do them step by step.
How to Use a Jade Roller: A Step-by-step Guide
Excess fluids and chemicals are effectively pushed into the lymphatic system using jade rollers. Since puffiness is most noticeable in the morning after a long night's sleep, it's best to use a jade roller first thing in the morning.
Here's how to do it.
- Applying a jade roller to the face, neck, and eyes
- A jade roller can be used on the face, neck, eye region, and décolletage.
Before you start, make sure you've followed the steps below:
- Keep your jade roller in the refrigerator. The advantage of a jade roller over a simple hand massage is that the cool temperature of the stone can help reduce puffiness.
- Make sure your skin is clean. Stick to your morning skincare routine. If your skin needs to be cleansed, do so before using the roller.
- Apply a cream or moisturiser to your face. "The massaging action of the roller will help your topical products penetrate deeper into your skin," says the manufacturer of the jade roller.
When you're ready to go, follow these steps:
- Select the appropriate hand. The roller's smaller side is best for the area around your eyes and the bridge of your nose. On your forehead, cheeks, and jawline, use the larger hand.
- Gently roll the ball. To avoid irritating the skin, avoid tugging on it. Aim for 10 to 20 strokes on each segment of the face you want to hit, according to Engelman.
- Roll outwards from the centre of the face. On the sides of the ears, lymphatic drainage can be found. When you roll fluid away from your face and into your lymph nodes, the system is automatically stimulated to remove the fluid.
- Keep an eye on the contours. Be gentle and step in the direction of your face's natural contour for the best results and skin health. In the case of the jaw and cheeks, this entails rolling slightly upward.
- The lymphatic system is used to transport fluids. Finally, roll down your face's edges and then your neck. This aids in the movement of fluid into the lymphatic system.
Read More: How can Jade Roller Slim Face?
What are the Benefits of a Jade Roller?
Here are few and important jade roller benefits.
Drainage of the lymphatic system
- The lymphatic system is responsible for transporting fluid and removing toxins from the body. The lymph nodes in the face may be stimulated to remove fluid by massaging the face and neck.
Skin that appears tighter and is free of puffiness
- Fluid and toxins are pushed through the lymphatic channels by massaging the face and neck, which stimulates the lymph nodes to drain them. As a result, the skin appears firmer and less puffy. The outcomes are only temporary. Water accumulation and puffiness can be avoided with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Circulation has improved
- Rolling your face increases blood circulation, making your skin look smoother, firmer, and healthier. With or without the use of a jade roller, any facial massage will help improve circulation and reduce puffiness.
Product absorption is improved
- Before using a jade roller, Engelman suggests using a serum or moisturiser. After applying a topical product, rolling or massaging your face will help the product absorb into your skin.
The skin is softly massaged with jade rollers. This helps the lymph nodes remove fluids and contaminants from the face, eliminating puffiness temporarily.
- Facial massage also improves circulation, making the skin look younger and more firm.
Read More: How to Use Jade Spike Rollers
Choose a roller made of a non-porous material such as jade, quartz, or amethyst. To avoid aggravating your skin or causing acne, clean your roller after each use.