- June 2021
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING A GUA SHA
- How Jade Spike Roller Can Help Smoothen And Glow Your Skin
- How Jade Natural Stones Can Help Replenish Your Skin
- How To Use a Jade Roller In Your Beauty Routine: Everything You Need to Know
- Face Rollers: What They Do Ad How To Use Them
- The Truth Behind These Powerful Gems
- Face Rolling: What It Is, How To Do It and Why You'll Love It.
Is a Facial Massager the Secret Benefit, Tighter Skin?
Massage therapists have touted the advantages of body massages for centuries: tension relief, increased circulation, and improved flexibility, to name a few. Lately, however, experts in the skincare business have been hyping up the advantages of facial massages. Like a mini exercise for your face, face massages include massaging key facial tissues and pressure points using your hands or a stone roller. Just a few moments of rolling helps increase blood movement, reduce puffiness, and–wait for it–keeps your surface looking fresh, fresh, and fine line-free.
What is Facial Massage?
Simply, they're just like body massages, only for your face. The most common face massage method is to use your hands to apply "movements such as soft deep stroking, patting, pinching, and pressing" to areas of your face prone to puffiness, wrinkles, or muscle tension.
An easy way to provide yourself with a DIY face massage is with a gemstone roller, like the Jade or Rose Quartz Roller. While jade rollers are an equally popular choice, rose quartz is known for its calming feel and cooler temperature than jade, which assists with reducing redness and puffiness. The various mineral make-up and structure of rose quartz makes it great for "stimulating blood circulation and enhancing the flow of oxygen in the skin, resulting in less under-eye puffiness, lightening of dark circles and wrinkles, stimulating collagen, and restoring the skin to alleviate crevices.
The Benefits of a Face Massage, Explained
1.Tones facial muscles and relieves tension. Most people hold a lot of tension in their face. When we feel stressed, tired, or concentrated, we tense our forehead and eye area, which causes wrinkles over time. A couple of minutes of face massaging at the end of the day helps release that tension. "You always want to use lifting movements, especially along the neck and jawline area" to keep your skin tight and energized, Warfield advises.
2.Releases toxins. Using a lot of beauty products, environmental factors, and the hustle and bustle of everyday life can cause toxins to build-up within our skin, contributing to fine lines, puffiness, and breakouts. Facial massages increase blood flow, kick-starting lymphatic drainage in your face to flush out waste and toxins and keep your skin fresh and clean, both inside and out.
3. Boosts circulation. Like doing a set of jumping jacks or push-ups, the movement of a quick facial massage sends a surge of blood and oxygen to your skin. This increased flow deflates puffiness, brightens skin tone, and helps detoxify your skin (see benefit #2 for more info). More oxygen sent to the skin equals increased collagen production and cell growth, resulting in a smooth, glowing complexion.
4. Improves product absorption. Massaging your face with your fingers in upward, lifting motions is a wonderful way to help your favorite products like moisturizer and serum absorb into your skin. Plus, it's a way to make your daily skincare routine feel even more like a relaxing self-care moment.
5.Relaxation! Skincare benefits aside, face massages are just as good at relieving emotional tension as they are at calming muscle tension. They help you feel more relaxed and at ease at the end of a long day. "In my skincare routine, I understand as I continue to age [that] directing my attention on relaxation is high on my list of priorities," says Warfield. "Facial massages feel great."